Monday, February 02, 2009

Weather Channel Obsession?

Yes, I admit it, I have an obsession with rain. I can't stop writing about it, longing for it, hoping for it, and I swear I'm not this bad when we actually have enough of it (well, I can never have enough of it), but I go nuts with longing for rain when it's in short supply, and believe me, this year it is in majorly short supply.

I struggle through the dry season counting down to autumn the way Junior counts down to her birthday, dreaming, hoping. And then to be disappointed like this.

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have all those clear blue skies to go walking under, but my soul yearns for clouds, for rain, for that tantalising smell of damp earth and quite frankly I just haven't had my fill this season, and there are only a maximum of 3 months, 4 months tops, of rainy season to go.

And for the record, we don't have a weather channel in this country (nothing to report for half the year except for heat and sunshine...)

No comments: