Monday, November 19, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes...

Conversation between my 7 y-o and her friend:

Friend: We have a playdate today because I was supposed to go on a tiyul to a forest but there is nowhere safe indoors there if the rockets fall so I don't have school
Junior: Don't you know what to do if rockets come and you are outside? You just lie down on the ground and put your hands over your head, like this:

And she proceeds to demonstrate.

Junior: Didn't you learn that at school?
Friend: No
Junior: I learnt that from my friend A. She lives in a kibbutz that's been in rocket range for a long time. She taught everyone at her birthday party this year.

That same morning:

"Isn't it terribly dangerous walking in a wilderness full of terrorists?"
"But it's the only way we can reach Eretz Yisrael, we have to"
"I know, we will just have to do it, my Abba has talked of this for years, going home to Eretz Yisrael"
"Do you have a weapons permit?"
"Yes I do, I will protect you"
"You know I am pregnant, if I get hurt I will need you to look after my baby"

(My daughter and her friend playing with their Playmobile toys)

No comments: