Tuesday, November 14, 2023

I'm really grateful for the thousands of people who showed up to support the Jewish community and Israel at the historic rally in Washington D.C. It takes a great deal of courage in these terrible times to stand up and be counted, it means so much to us in Israel.

Right now I honestly don't care if the world thinks I am defective, an outsider or wrong for existing as I am in some way. I don't care if I get to belong or not.

It would just make me feel a bit better right now it if millions and millions of people around the world weren't out calling for me and family to be murdered and my country wiped off the map.

Kind of rubs me up the wrong way when hundreds of my fellow Israelis are massacred, tortured, raped and kidnapped and folks around the world think that is a cause for celebration.

I'm horrified by the wide smiles on the faces of Western college kids as they tear down the posters of kidnapped Israeli civilians or gleefully talk about the brave Hamas freedom fighters butchering kibbutz families in their homes.

I'm sick from the anti-Semitism that denies the right of Jews to have self-determination in their ancient homeland but which is also making life untenable for Jews in so many parts of the world.

I really don't need to be supported, accepted, liked or validated. I'd just like to be allowed to live.

No comments: